- Training Information
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Course
Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)*
The National Association of EMT's (NAEMT) Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) Course teaches EMS practitioners, pre-hospital providers and other medical professionals who may be part of a team responding to an active shooter incident, how to care for patients in a civilian tactical environment with the goal of decreasing potentially preventable deaths in a tactical situation. This course is appropriate for both law enforcement and fire service personnel.
The course focuses on the three (3) phases of tactical care:
1. Direct Threat Care that is rendered while in adverse conditions.
2. Indirect Threat Care that is rendered when the threat has been suppressed but may resurface at any point.
3. Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The 16-hour classroom course covers the following topics:
Surgical airway control and needle decompressions
Strategies for treating wounded first responders in threatening environments
Caring for pediatric patients
Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety
NIPSTA's NAEMT's TECC course meets the guidelines established by the Committee on TECC and the updated National Tactical Emergency Medical Support Competency Domains. This course is accredited by CAPCE and recognized by NREMT.
Cost Per Student
* These skills are limited to certified or licensed medical provides, such as paramedics. Other students, such as law enforcement professionals, may be present during these lectures but will not be permitted to perform these skills. Following successful course completion, providers are restricted to the standard operating procedures and pre-hospital standard of care as outlined of the EMS System.
Upon completion, participants will receive 16 hours of CAPCE EMS continuing education, NAEMT Certificate of Completion and Completion card.
- January 19-20, 2023
- February 20-21, 2023
- April 10-11, 2023
- May 22-23, 2023
- July 6-7, 2023
- August 14-15, 2023
- September 25-26, 2023
- November 6-7, 2023
- December 18-19, 2023