Illinois Department of Transportation
Traffic Incident Management Training Program
Emergency responders have been killed in the line of duty when handling a crash scene. To reduce and hopefully eliminate the occurrence of incident scene fatalities, IDOT, in cooperation with the Illinois Center for Transportation and Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville has developed nationally recognized TIM training. The goal of the training is to provide responders with information and best practices that improve their safety at traffic incident scenes. In addition the training will improve communication, coordination, and cooperation between emergency responders throughout the state.
Please Note: Effective immediately, if you have taken the Traffic Incident Management (TIM) class through the Illinois Department of Transportation, there is no expiration date. This means your TIM certificate and/or card is good and you don’t have to recertify. Please remember to keep the TIM certificate and/or card on your person when conducting business on Illinois roads.
The TIM training class qualifies eligible EMT-Basic, Intermediate, Paramedic, Advanced EMTs, Emergency Medical Dispatchers, First Responders, Emergency Medical Responders, and Pre-Hospital Registered Nurses for four (4) hours of Continuing Education credits. Eligible responders should notify instructor(s) upon arrival and bring your IDPH EMS license number to receive the course CE Credits.
Who should attend the training?
- Law Enforcement: Patrol, Supervisors, Accident Investigators / Reconstructionists
- Fire Department: Fire Personnel, Officers, Rescue/Extrication crews, HazMat Teams
- Emergency Medical: Duty Personnel, Supervisors, Air Medical Crews
- Tow & Recovery Operators: Light, Medium and Heavy-Duty Operators, Supervisors
- Highway Department: Municipal, County, State DOT, Courtesy Patrol, Tollway
- Communication: 911 Centers, Traffic Operations Centers, Transportation Management Centers (TMC)
THIS IS A FREE COURSE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS
Wednesday, April 14th 8:30-12:30 PM Register Here