NIPSTA'S CENTER FOR
SECURITY & LIFE SAFETY
CORPORATE TRAINING, EDUCATION & CONSULTING
ABOUT THE NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS
PUBLIC SAFETY TRAINING ACADEMY (NIPSTA)
NIPSTA is a unique intergovernmental agency located in Glenview, Illinois. Since 2001, it has
been a leading provider of safety, emergency preparedness and response, and disaster healthcare
training and education. NIPSTA's state-of-the-art campus offers a diverse training environment
incorporating hands-on and scenario based instruction. Combining classroom and practical
application, programs provide advanced levels of critical thinking and functioning in preparedness
ABOUT THE CENTER FOR SECURITY & LIFE SAFETY
NIPSTA's newest initiative, the Center for Security & Life Safety (CSLS), has been created to respond to the
natural and man-made challenges facing the corporate, non-profit and community sectors. CSLS provides
training and education focusing on detection, protection, response and recovery to meet today's unprecedented
security and safety challenges while maintaining business operations. Our consultants will provide your
organization with expert recommendations and guidance on creating a safe and resilient organization.
CUSTOMIZED CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT, INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN, AND CONSULTING:
- Programs designed and developed collaboratively between client organizations and internal expert practitioners
at the forefront of preparedness and response training.
- Consulting on policy development and review
- Unique, state-of-the-art training facilities and equipment.
- Programs presented at either NIPSTA's facilities or off-site at client facilities.
- CSLS's instructors maintain specialized education, training and service backgrounds in areas including public
safety, emergency preparedness and response, and disaster healthcare and related management and leadership.
- Over 150 instructors are local practitioners with frontline experience in fire, police, public works, and disaster
healthcare and management.
PREPAREDNESS & RESPONSE TRAINING
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
NIPSTA is uniquely qualified to provide customized
and client-specific programs.
A sampling of available training programs include:
INDUSTRY CONSULTING SERVICES
- Safety Awareness, Crisis Assessment and Emergency Preparedness and Response:
Fire, Sever Weather, Workplace Violence, Area-Wide Emergency, Pandemic, Active Shooter, Building Evacuation, Bomb Threat
- Industry Specific Programs:
Forklift Operation, Rope Access and Rescue, Confined Space,Snow Removal Operations, Snowplow Safety
- Maintaining Communications with Employees During and After a Crisis Event
- Workplace First Aid in Emergency and Non-Emergency Situations
- Identifying Essential Personnel Before a Crisis Situation Occurs
- Continuity and Contingency Planning in a Crisis
- Crisis Leadership and Event Management
- Training and Exercise Programming
- Fire Extinguisher Use and Handling
- Teamwork in Disaster Management
- Crime Prevention and Intervention
- Executive Security and Safety
- Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Commercial Driver Safety
- Cyber Security
- Hazmat Safety
- Review of Existing Policies and Procedures Related to Emergency
and Disaster Response
- Recommendations on Process Improvements to Ensure
- Continuity of Operations/Continuity of Government
- Developing a Comprehensive Emergency