OSFM Testing Information
NIPSTA is proud to support the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal's (OSFM) efforts to provide convenient testing options to firefighters in the Northern Illinois region.
Currently NIPSTA can provide the following options to students attending and passing OSFM approved courses:
Students may request an exam date via the traditional Personal Standards & Education request form found here.
When available - students who register 35 days prior to the start of an OSFM approved course will be registered for an OSFM exam on the final day of class.
Students may choose to request an exam at an OSFM approved, regional computer based (Pearson VUE) test facility. More information can be found below.
NIPSTA is committed to helping new students prepare for OSFM testing by using the most up to date versions of OSFM and NFPA approved course materials, as well as computer based testing platforms.
Please look over the following "frequently asked questions" (FAQs), or reach out to our program coordinators or managers for assistance.
- What classes offered at NIPSTA lead to Illinois OSFM certification?
- Are Illinois OSFM examinations included at the end of NIPSTA courses?
- As a Regional Test Site, does NIPSTA have a calendar of dates for exams?
- Where can I find information on regional computer based (Pearson VUE) testing facilities?
- Where can I find the prerequisites for the OSFM certifications?
- I have completed a course and passed the Illinois OSFM exam, why does it say that my practical is not complete?
- I have Hazardous Materials Technician A certification, what must I do before June 30, 2019 to remain a "Hazardous Materials Technician"?