Emergency Medical Dispatch Quality Assurance (EMD-Q) Course
This course presented by Priority Dispatch Corporation(PDC) trains dispatchers through instructor-led lecture, discussion, video segments, audiotape review, hands-on practice and role-playing. The coursework, spread over two days, offers participants 16 hours of direct experience with ample opportunities to learn and practice the protocols.
- Must be a licensed user of the current MPDS
- Have a current IAED certification as an EMD
- Dispatch experience of familiarization with medical, fire, and/or law enforcement operations is preferred
- ED-Q Course Manual
- Course related Scoring Standards Manual
- Case Evaluation Record Forms
- A protocol specific Quality Assurance GuideTM
- Certification fee and testing with the IAED
Successful attendees receive:
- Official certificate of course completion
Certification as an EMD-Q also fulfills your recertification requirements for EMD, EFD or EPD. Should your EMD,EFD or EPD certification expire prior to your EMD-Q recertification date, the EMD-Q certification will meet all EMD,EFD,EPD recertification continuing dispatch education(CDE) requirements. Simply submit a copy of the ED-Q card with your $50.00 recertification fee.
The 16-hour course teaches practical case review skills, the use of the IAED case review performance standards and an introduction to data analysis. Students learn how to identify appropriate Dispatch Life Support policies and how to use case review data to improve EMD performance. Each class includes time for questions and the certification test is given at the conclusion of the classroom experience. Candidates must achieve a standard pass rate to qualify for certification. The case review elements are outlined below.
- Case review performance standards
- Case Entry Protocol review
- Chief Complaint Protocol review
- Emotional Content and Cooperation Scoring
- Key Questions review
- Post-Dispatch Instructions review
- Scoring of final coding
- Live tape review
- A 'how- to' on providing case review feedback